The Australian Population Association (APA) presents the 18th Biennial National Conference between Tuesday 29 November and Friday 2 December 2016. With a theme of People • Cities • Futures, this is a must attend event for anyone interested in some of the major issues of our time. It will be diverse, interesting and stimulating.
There is a great opportunity to catch up on births, deaths, marriages and migrations since you last saw your colleagues.
Australia’s population continues to grow – faster than OECD rates. This puts considerable pressure on our capital cities, particularly in maintaining delivery of key infrastructure: transport, water, homes, and schools... all that is needed for contemporary urban living. Regional cities, towns and peri-urban areas are also impacted and have a vital role to play.
We need to question:
- How do we manage the growth of our cities?
- Can we ensure that people are the main focus of development and change?
- What future will we create?
Share with your colleagues this opportunity to connect, learn and discover important signposts on our journey to the future.
Why should you attend the People. Cities. Futures. Conference?
- Hear prominent speakers provide commentary on key issues. Several major players have been invited to attend
- Listen to and engage with cutting-edge researchers working to unpick the intricacies of population dynamics and city functioning
- Grasp opportunities to contribute to debate on topics as diverse as optimum city size, designing for people, homes for the future and encouraging regional development
- Build new connections with leading researchers and learn how their work can inspire, inform and complement your search for a better future.
We look forward to seeing you at the Conference.
Dr Alison Taylor
APA Conference Twitter
Tweets by OzPopulation